This is not really a recipe but more like an idea for a quick salad. Tomatoes and steak spices is such a good combination that you cannot go wrong here. All you have to think is summer! Grab any fresh summer veggies you have on hand and put them together for a terrific lunch salad! For added protein, go ahead and add some chickpeas, leftover grilled chicken breast, bacon or steak would also be terrific with this one.
Here is my take on this one. Toss the bread cubes with 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1/2 tsp of steak spices and toast them in the toaster oven or in a 425°F oven until golden and crispy.
Then simply toss everything together and enjoy!
Ingredients for 2 salads:
- 2 slices of bread cut into cubes (gluten free if you wish)
- 1 tomato cut into wedges
- 1/2 english cucumber cut into chunks
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp of olive for the bread and 2 tsp divided for each salad
- 1 tsp of red wine vinegar divided for each salad
- 1/2 tsp of steak spices + a sprinkle for each salad
- Fresh minced basil and/or chives
- A sprinkle of hot pepper flakes if you want to add a little kick (optional)