This salad is perfect to do over the weekend and eat it as a side all week since it will only get better as it sits. It also makes a beautiful Christmas side dish with the green and red peeking through the snow blanket. 😉
I owe this salad to my friend Mélanie who used to do this one with raisins and mayonnaise but I decided to give it a healthy twist with the yogourt and fresh grapes instead. There is so much you can do with this one. Add a chicken breast or ham to turn it into a full lunch and/or some seeds or toasted nuts for added crunch and protein. Swap the grapes for dried cranberries for added tartness. Have fun with this one and switch it up with what you have in your fridge.
Whisk the dressing together then add the remaining ingredients and toss together. As simple as 1-2-3!
- 1 head of broccoli broken up into little florets (keep the stems to make a soup)
- 2 dozen red grapes split in half
- Optional : cubed cooked chicken breast, ham, seeds or nuts, thinly sliced shallot
- 1 cup of plain Yogourt (2%)
- 1 tbsp of dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
- Optional: minced clove of garlic