Need I say more then the title? This is what a muffin should be all about in the morning no? A little bit of sweet and a little bit of saltiness. Perfect for Halloween week, these orange hue muffins should spice up your kid’s mornings! These muffin also freezes well, making them perfect to grab and go when in a hurry.
Preheat the oven at 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper cups or grease the tin. Mix the dry ingredients and the wet separately in two different bowls. Add the wet to the dry and with a spatula, without over mixing, combine until there is no more raw flour and add the cooked bacon. Cook 30 to 40 minutes until the top springs back under your finger or a skewer comes out dry. Let cook completely.
Ingredients for 12 muffins:
- 2 cups of all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of 5 spice
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of pumpkin purée (the 100% pumpkin and not the pie kind)
- 2/3 cup of buttermilk or 2/3 cup of milk + 1 tsp of white vinegar
- 1/2 cup of sugar + 1/4 cup of molasses or 1/2 cup of brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of cooked bacon pieces