This is a refreshing salad that utilizes all those goodies from your garden. the farro brings it all together, carrying the flavour of the honey throughout and making it substantial enough to have it as a meal by adding some chickpeas or cheese to it. This would also make a terrific salad to bring to a potluck or BBQ as it can stay at room temperature for a while without any issues (just omit adding cheese to it).
Simply combine everything together and enjoy at room temperature in order to get the maximum flavours from the tomatoes.
- 1 cup of farro cooked according to package instructions and cooled.
- 2 tomatoes or 3 small ones chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 whole english cucumber, de seeded and chopped in bite size pieces
- 2 green onions minced
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of honey
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of fresh herbs such as basil, mint, chives or dill
- salt & pepper to taste